Flash games Helicopter Challenge
Content Skill: Addition
Common Core State Standards: CCSS.Math.Content.2.OA.B.2 - Fluently add within 20 using mental strategies.
By end of Grade 2, know from memory all sums of two one-digit numbers.
The forest service has called Chopper Charlie to help put out fires that have been popping up in the mountains. Charlie's helicopter has been equipped with a large water bucket. Help Charlie fly his helicopter to the fire and lower the water bucket to extinguish the flames. Hurry, you must dump the water on the fire before the helicopter runs out of fuel. Watch out for the mountains and birds.
Practice the addition facts while having fun playing Charlie's Chopper Challenge, Forest Fire!
InstructionsAfter the game loads, select LEVEL 1. (As you complete each level, the next level will be unlocked) The difficulty increases with each new level. Choose the fact families you would like to practice by clicking on the switches. A red light will light up for the fact families you have chosen. You can choose as many fact families as you like.
Click on INSTRUCTIONS to see the instruction page.
Click on TAKE OFF to begin the gameInstructions - The Preflight Checklist has detailed instructions for playing the game.
- Use the arrow keys to control the helicopter. (Up, down, left, right)
- Lower the bucket over the fire with correct answer to the equation.
- Top display (Left to Right)
- Your score
- Pause button
- Sound ON or OFF
- Next equations
- Helicopter lives left (You have 3)
- Lower Display (Left to Right)
- Current equation (enlarged)
- Radar of your location and fires
- Fuel Gage To put out a fire, position the helicopter and bucket directly over the fire. Lower the helicopter until you are very near the flames. The auto-pilot will take over when you are in the correct position. The water will dump on the fire and the helicopter will return to the top of the screen. The next equation will be shown on the bucket and you fly to the next fire.If you hit the mountains or birds, the helicopter will auto-rotate to the ground. Charlie will be OK, but the helicopter will be damaged. When you answer all of the addition problems on a level, you can select another level to play. Each level gets harder. Practicing the addition facts with this math game makes learning fun.
You might also like
Dump the flashby BrooklynBoy
Sorry, but your website looks just like every site created by someone who just purchased "How To Use Flash in 24 hours". Flash works great for games, but is unecessary for content delivery. Your use of color and layout is good.
I would place the education section below the experience section since it has nothing to do with the job you are looking for.
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Video Games (Codemasters)